Mongolian Beef Recipe
Servings 4 servings
- 2 lbs flank steak or beef tenderloin, flap meat/sirloin tip sliced across the grain into ¼” thin pieces
- 1 1/3 cups Jasmine rice uncooked
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil for frying; or any other cooking oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 5 green onions cut on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces
For the marinade:
- 2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or sherry
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tsp honey or white sugar
- 1 tsp sea or kosher salt plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp white pepper
Add all of the ingredients for the marinade to a medium bowl and whisk. Add the sliced beef and mix. Set aside and let marinate for about 15-20 minutes at room temperature.
Meanwhile, cook the 1 1/3 cups of jasmine rice. This will give you 4 cups of cooked rice.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer the beef to the wok, squeezing the excess sauce out into the bowl and reserving it for later. Stir-fry the beef until just done about 4-5 minutes.
Add the garlic and ginger and continue cooking for another minute.
Add the remaining sauce and the green onions, and stir fry for another minute, until the liquid begins to bubble. Remove the wok from heat.
Serve immediately over jasmine rice.
Calories: 714kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 1650mg | Potassium: 927mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 5mg