Thai Mango Salad
Servings 4 servings
- 2 green mangos small and tart, about 3 to 4 ounces each
- 2 Tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp palm sugar packed; or light brown sugar
- 1 red Thai chile pepper seeded and deveined; minced or thinly sliced
- 2 shallots about 1 oz each; thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint leaves
- ½ cup cashews optional; roasted; halves or whole
Peel the mangoes and cut into thin sticks about 3 inches long.
In a medium bowl, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar. Whisk until the sugar dissolves.
Add the chiles, shallots, and mango and toss. Taste the salad, it should be noticeably sour, then salty, with some sweet notes. Adjust the seasonings if needed.
Add the cilantro and the mint and toss again. Garnish with cashews (optional) and serve immediately.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 718mg | Potassium: 362mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 1257IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg