Slow Cooker Chicken Breast
Servings 4 servings
- 4 Bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced or pressed)
- 1 inch ginger root (peeled, minced or grated)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (freshly ground if possible)
- kosher salt (to taste)
- Fresh parsley for garnish (or fresh coriander)
Mix all of the ingredients (except the chicken breasts and fresh parsley) together in a large bowl or a Ziploc bag. Add the chicken and rub the marinade all over to ensure proper coverage. Get some of the marinade under skin as well. Marinate in a fridge overnight or up to 24 hours. I typically start the night before and get about 20-24 hours of marination. If pressed for time, go for at least 30 minutes to 2 hours. The chicken won't have the same tenderness but will still taste amazing.
Transfer the chicken, and all of the marinade into a 6-quart slow cooker, positioning the chicken breasts skin side up.
Cook on Low for 3 hours. Switch the slow cooker to Warm to keep the chicken warm until ready to serve.Tip: baste the chicken in juices every now and again for better color.
Calories: 490kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 689mg | Potassium: 508mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 156IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg