Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 tomato cut in 8 wedges and then cut crosswise
- 1 avocado peeled, quartered and sliced crosswise
- 1 baby cucumber sliced crosswise
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, membrane removed, cut in 3/8" strips then cut crosswise in 1" pieces
- 1/3 medium red onion coarsely chopped
- 1 green onion green and white parts, sliced very thinly
- 1/2 cup green olives pitted and halved
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled, for sprinkling
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed; from about 1 large lemon
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste
- 1 tsp white sugar
Cook the quinoa following the instructions on the package, set aside and let cool down.
To make the quinoa salad dressing, combine the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well blended and the sugar and salt are dissolved.
Combine quinoa with the vegetables in a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss. Taste and adjust for salt if needed.
Serve immediately or cover let stand at room temperature until ready to serve. Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 470mg | Potassium: 516mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1005IU | Vitamin C: 37.6mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 2.3mg