Baked Chicken Breast
Servings 4 servings
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic (pressed; or use 1 Tbsp powdered garlic)
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley (or basil, cilantro, etc.)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup chicken broth (hot)
- Fresh limes, cut into wedges (optional)
- Fresh herbs, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 375F.
Rub chicken breasts with olive oil and pressed garlic, then sprinkle salt, pepper and dry herbs all over. Set aside.
Prepare and pour chicken broth in a 9" x 13" baking dish.
Carefully add the chicken breasts, bone side down. Sprinkle chopped onion all over.
Bake in the upper part of the oven for 60 minutes, until the tops are nicely browned and the internal temperature has reached 165F.
Remove from the oven, let rest in the pan for 5 minutes and serve with lemon wedges and fresh herbs. Squeeze some lime juice on the chicken before eating to make it brighter and more flavorful.
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 329mg | Potassium: 444mg | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 4.6mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1.5mg